In a few short weeks, I will be heading to Pennsylvania for the Allume Social Blogging Conference. And a couple of weeks after that, I will be heading to the Dominican Republic with 5 other women from my church to serve with Lifetree Adventures.
I will be spending a lot of time with these women at the conference and on the mission trip, so I have decided to join up with many bloggers who are sharing the same thing- 10 things my roomies need to know about me!
At the Allume Conference, I am looking forward to sharing a room with my in real life friend of many years Amy and my in real life friend Traci who I am just getting to know, but feel like I have known forever. To say I am blessed is an understatement.
My mission trip pals are already getting to know me pretty well. But there are a few things that even they don't know!
So without further ado...
10 Things my Roomies Should Know about Me
1. I am an extrovert with introvert tendencies- I love being with other women and one of my favorite things is getting to know others. But there will come a time when I need to withdraw and be by myself. Don't take it personally!
2. I talk in my sleep-at least I used to! I have vivid dreams and feel like they are really happening, so if I wake you up in the middle of the night, just tell me to go back to sleep. We can laugh about it in the morning.
3. I walk in my sleep- I used to do this all the time and some of my most embarrassing moments have occurred during my sleep. This hasn't happened in many years. The last time was before Lindsay was born, when I opened my husband's guitar case in the middle of the night. If this does happen, please do not try to wake me. Just tell me to go back to bed! :)
4. I am low maintenance- I won't take very long in the bathroom, but I might be a little grumpy if the water is cold!
5. I am just a big kid- My kids love that I still sleep with a stuffed animal. I am pretty sure that Eeyore will accompany me to Allume!
6. I love studying God's Word, while others are doing the same- I love digging into God's Word in the morning and then being able to talk with others right away- in person!- about what God is teaching us. If you are so inclined, that would be awesome!
7. I am a night owl- I love late night conversations, but I seem to have an "off" switch. I have been known to fall asleep while my husband is reading to me or talking to me. Again, don't take it personally!
8. I did not buy new pajamas for these trips- this is because I bought jammies on our family trip to Disney World this past summer and they are currently my favorites (did I mention that I am just a big kid?!!).
9. Apparently, I snore when I am pregnant- Very sorry about this! I did not intend to be pregnant, but God had other plans. If I am snoring, please wake me up. I might be irritated, but I would rather let you sleep then keep you awake with my incessant noises.
10. I love coffee- Sadly, I have not been able to handle even a drop of coffee for about three weeks because of constantly feeling sick. Praying that things will turn around in the next couple of weeks, BUT if they don't, you should know that this coffee refusal is not normal for me.
I am going into this conference having already met a few of you and feeling like I know many of you from our online interactions! I want you to know that if you are nervous, please come find me. I know that Amy and Traci feel the same way- we love helping others feel comfortable and there is always room at whatever table we are at! Leave me a comment if you want to meet up!!!
I can't wait to see what God wants to do at the Allume conference and on our DR trip!
Thank you to Stacey and Brooke for hosting this fun link up!!!