It rained today. I looked for a rainbow, but the sky was not obliging.
And I wondered how Noah must have felt. Misunderstood, mistreated, unappreciated, faithful Noah! When He saw God's promise on display.
Did He cling to God's promises? Is that how he was able to trust when everyone around him thought he was crazy?
Life has storms. Sometimes they are little and sometimes they are knock-you-over kind of storms. My prayer is that I will always respond as Noah did- with trust and faithfulness.
And I will cling to God's promises. These are the promises that I meditate on in the storms of life!
1. Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yea, I will help you, yea I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
2. For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
3. He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:6
4. And all things work together for the good of those who love God who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
5. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
6. Do not fear for I have redeemed you. I have summoned you by name. you are mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. And when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:1,2
7. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Psalm 139:9,10
8. The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you, in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
9. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
10. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have HOPE. Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness!!! Lamentations 3:21-23
Please forgive the version switching- even in the midst of the verses. These are all verses that I have committed to memory over the years. And many of them, I have learned in different versions. So, it makes for an interesting retelling!
My husband is a songwriter. As I have been writing all of these verses down, the choruses from one of his songs is sticking in my mind. It goes like this:
Can you see? Oh, Can you see?
There's a Hand that is at work that's bigger than you and me
Oh, can you see? Can you see?
There's a God who made the heavens and in His hand he holds the sea.
Oh, can you see.
Please help me to see through your eyes. Help me not to depend on my own understanding, but to trust you in all things. May you be glorified in and through me- in the storms of life AND in the calm. You continue to amaze me with your steadfast love.
Linking with Top Ten Tuesday at www.ohamanda.com.